Sunday, March 8, 2009

ohhh Ken

*Just so everybody knows I wont be using the internet this whole week. So please don't freak out if I don't write back to you =]

Anyways our speaker this week was Ken Helser, he's prophetic, and really cool. Some of the main points from lecture were as follows...
-God wants to speak to you even more then you want to listen.
-The only way to keep from getting old is to always be willing to learn something new, and realizing theres SO much more left to learn.
-So many Christians have a relationship with doctrine rather then Jesus.
-When you compare yourself to others..you always lose.
-You can't give what you ain't got.
-We can't let religion and tradition hold us back. We can't fit into the churchs box. We as Christians are supposed to be different, but in a radical way. Our generation needs to be as exuberant as we are and make an indent on the church.

So it was really cool, Ken came with his intern David. And 3 weeks ago our staff members sent them pictures of each of us. They have been praying over each one of us ever since. And all they gave them was a picture of us and where we are each from. But God gave them both a word for each of us. The words for me were SPOT ON. seriously. God mightly spoke through both of them into my life. It was REALLY cool =] Kens word for me was this-

"Kristina, a daffodil...radiant with spring. Why is it so hard for all of us to let go of the past?
TRUST! Trust Him for the NEW. What a glorious time in your life. Now to let Him recreate your whole world. You love God, but the next step for you is eeing how much He loves you, and truely letting Him make "ALL THINGS NEW".

This is exactly how Ken had it typed up on the screen. I was just in awe. This is exactly, EXACTLY the cry of my heart. It's exactly what I had been begging the Lord to tell me. After plumbline week I felt I was a new person, totally. But I felt life didnt totaly feel all new. And all of us were under alot of attack last weekend after plumbline which made things worse. And I had been hearing from speakers and my one on one and from my devotions that the next step in my walk with God was gonna be discovering deeper depths of God's love for me. and oh my gosh, all this is EXACTLY what the word said1 Plus Ken got this word for me 3 weeks ago! And it came the EXACT day I needed it most!!! =] praise the Lord! And then throughout the week the Lord kept revealing alot more stuff to me throughout the week during my quite times. And later in the week I got this little vision of a bird in a cage, but the cage was open, the bird was teetering on the open ledge of the cage door. Free but not letting go of the cage. That bird was me and God just kept telling me to fly!! All week He just kept saying to let go and FLY in the freedom he's given me. The cage door is open, it's time to fly and close the door behind me. Amen.

2 comments:

Dr. Jones said...

It is so amazingly awesome when God speaks to us so clearly!! and when he uses other to do it too!!! I love the main points you put in each week, I always learn something new and encouraging.

Aaron said...

every time i read your blogs i get so much encouragement. it is truly a blessing to watch God totally rock your world. =) i cant wait to hear more. God bless! your always in my prayers!