Thursday, March 19, 2009

My heart is bursting at the seems

This week our speaker has been Colleen Milstein. She currently works at a YWAM base in Switzerland, but she does alot of mission work in Africa. oh, and she's from South Africa. So basically...shes REALLY cool. haha. I'm gonna probably cover the main points of her lecture later. But in this blog I want to tell you about what God has been doing in my heart the past 2 weeks.
All of last week and this week God has been specifying His call on my life. Which is obviously really huge, but in that call He has been breaking my heart for the unreached. I know what I'm supposed to do with the rest of my life. And I can't wait to tell you guys a bit about it in this blog.
The concept of reaching the unreached, every tribe, every tounge, every nation has been the main thing that has captured my heart. But also serving God, and reaching the unreached because God is holy and He is worthy. Going to the suckiest places to preach the gospel is the LEAST I could do for Jesus. "Worthy is the lamb who was slain" has been the driving force of the past 2 weeks and I want it to be the driving force of my entire life. I don't know specifically what nations God will send me to throughout my life. I'm sure there will be many. But I know I'm more willing to go now then I've ever been. And I don't wanna go where everybody else is going! I wanna go where people have never even heard the name Jesus! And now I'm gonna give you guys some information on the unreached. The people I'm gonna be serving the rest of my life. Theres alot more to this call I'm not gonna talk about right now. But heres some things you need to know....

There are 16,000 people groups in the world. 9,500 have the gospel, 6,500 do not have the gospel.
A people group is any group of people that have in common language, race, and religion. A people group is not a nation.

The most unreached people in the world are in the 10/40 window which includes Asia, the middle east and northern Africa, and parts of Europe. 60% of the worlds people live in the 10/40 window. 3.2 billion people. About 80,000 of them die each day without hearing about Jesus.
Only 2% of missionaries go to the unreached. Thats insane! Only 2% go to 60% of the world!!! And those 60% are 110 more times more responsive to the gospel then any other part of the world. That 60% comprises the most neglected, least evangelized, and poorest people in the world.
This is the worlds biggest injustice!!!!!!! And it's not non believers commiting it. It's the church!!!!! Why arn't we going????
Is it because these places are the hardest to go to? yeah... thats part of it. They are they suckiest places weather wise, the most difficult to go to, and have the most demonic opression. So what? Is God not worthy of us going?? Of course He is! Is it about us? Or about Him? We are all called. Where is the church?
This is what God is calling me to. And I'm more then thrilled. I can't wait to talk to you all about it more =]
Lots of love to all my readers!! I really appreiate your care and love for me!!!
You are in my prayers!!1

4 comments:

Aaron said...

that is amazing. Wow we need to kick it into gear. Im so happy for you! I cant wait to see what God is going to be doing in your life. it is going to be so amazing! God is so good. you are always in my prayers! fly to new heights and God Bless!! even more than He is already!! =)

Dr. Jones said...

It is so exciting to see what God is doing in your heart.
I cant wait to hear more about him calling you to this.
WOW those are some staggering numbers of un-reached people!!!
Love and prayers always, Mom : )

AE said...

Hey there beautiful! I loved reading all your posts...well..maybe it wasn't all of them, but at least 5 or so that fit on the page! :)

I am loving dts so much and our intercession times that part of me wants to stay here. I know. Crazy. Especially after all the build up of the outreach. But yeah, I'm really excited at the same time that we are going together...I really like the group we have. :)
We'll have lots of fun, I'm sure! Love you!

AE said...

p.s. That note was from me, Erin. Not Adrian :) I'm sure you figured that out...

also, can I say that is AWESOME that God is leading you into a lifetime of reaching the unreached?! God has and will continue to do great things with your willing and obedient heart. He is worthy, isn't He? God's been reminding me of that too.