Thursday, April 2, 2009

Last week

Last week our speaker was Carrie Manning. She talked about the character and nature of God and little bit on identity and destiny. Here are some of the main points from her lecture...
-To be effective in life and outreach you have to do it with God.
-Those who fear God, lack nothing.
-God is ALWAYS up to something.
-God may not always give you what you want, but you should want what you get.
-Where humility exists the enemy can't do anything.
-Connecting with God is primary, getting in secondary.
-Don't let your life pass you by while you wait for your dreams to be fulfilled. D o more then just exist.
-God's dreams will be fulfilled for you but you have to fulfill the stuff in the middle to get the end result.


So yeah,, I leave for outreach in 3 days!!! headin to Southeast Asia!!! Can't WAIT!!!!!
In thailand we are going to be working in a Burmese refugee camp, teaching english, doing open air ministry, going between Bangkok and Mae Sot, I'm sooooo excited!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Dr. Jones said...

I really like the point "God may not always give you what you want, but you should want what you get."
and the one on humility, God keeps bring that up to me!!
WOW only three days!! Iam oh sooo excited for you!!!
I will miss hearing your angelic voice everyweek, But I know God will help me thru it : )
Love, Love , Love ya, Mom

chris and cheryl said...

hey
we are very fired up for your adventure. Just wanted to let you know we will be praying and that we luv ya
C/C

AE said...

yeah! Can't wait to travel with you. I've got the anxious butterflies in the stomach! :) We are all about to see a side of each other we never knew before...hahaha...

Hawk said...

My love. God's with you in spirit, and we're with you in prayer. For most people that doesn't mean much. You've been taught the value of prayer, you have seen the results and reaped the harvest. Your safety in Asia is paramount over the next 2 months, but my love for you and God's love for you is eternal. I already miss you and look forward to having some pizza on your return.
We love you. We love you. We love you. - Dad (your biggest fan)