Friday, October 30, 2009

The GO Conference

Wow you guys, this week was amazing!
Sorry it's been so long sense I've blogged, life has been so crazy busy!
Last weekend my leadership school and the DTS drove to Colorado to go
to a YWAM conference called the GO conference. They had it in the mountains in a little town called Estes Park on a YMCA campus tucked in the middle of the mountains!!! It was an incredibly beautiful place to stay, it snowed alot too! Even though it was cold, it was a perfect week. Being in this quite little tucked away mountainous place with God was exactly what I've been needing. Especially sense I'm going overseas in a few weeks!!!
The conference was fabulous, we had intense times of group intercession with hundreds of other ywamers from all over the country and the world, we had beautiful worship times, a time of sacrificial generous giving, workshops, lectures, and of course much needed times of rest, recouperation, and fun. Our speakers were phenomenal to say the least and I have come out of this week with alot of vision, strategy, inspiration, a greater revelation of God's love and of His plan for my life, and of what God wants me to be doing right now. There were even some really incredible anwsers to prayer! For example, one intercession time we prayed for the city of Jaurez, Mexico. They are a really violent city, 7 people at least are murdered there every day of the year. So some ywamers down there have been fasting at praying for God to give at least 4 days of no murder, of no violence, which so far, has been unheard of. So we prayed for this too! Then today, the last day of the conference, we got news from Jaurez, there was NO killings, NO murders yesterday!!!!!!!!!!Our God is SOOOO good!!! and so powerful!!! Wow!!! There are lots of other cool stories I could tell too, but I think I'm just gonna list some of the things God showed me this week. It was so awesome.

-I'm already prepared for missions. God is telling me to JUST GO. There is literally NOTHING holding me back, not excess preperation. He wants me to just go to the nations. The "need" to be "fully" prepared is an unnessesary obstacle. He's giving me the freedom to just go and I know I really can. I feel my fears, worries, and insecurities have been lifted off my shoulders by the holy spirit.
-God will ALWAYS be with me. I feel this week that God has been showing me more and more how I will be initially going into the nations single. By myself. Inititally. Don't know how long. And it is well with my soul! I only need Jesus! I only want him!!! As hard as times will be, he will ALWAYS be with me, and I feel for once in mym life I can honestly say to myself that he is all I want, he is all I need, he's my everything. I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.
-I really feel equipped this week.
I learned alot from longtermers, about church planting, effective strategies for reaching unreached people groups, ideas for creative evanglism, how to battle the enemy when you are here and on the mission feild. How to disciple people as Jesus did, what it looks like to plant churchs that are like the Acts 2. How to simplify, we make things so complicated. What it looks like to be the Acts 2 church, the church that Christ intended us to be. Man, there is seriously SOOOO much this week..I could just go on and on, but i wont. anyways, learning from longtermers helped give me vision for what I could do overseas and what it really looks like. SOOOO helpful!!!!!!!
- I got a greater revelation of God's crazzzy love for me.
-He renewed my hope in him and gave me new confidence in myself and my capability with him to go to the nations.
-I also got to see alot of our DTSers commit to long term missions and commit to going overseas long term in the next year, It SOOO amazing what things God can do through a ready and willing spirit. These guys are going to change the WORLD!!!!!! I really believe we are going to see revival. I want to see our generation rise up and take a stand.It's time. Our world is LONG overdue for the response of the full body of Christ in bringing God's kingdom to this fallen world.

Anyways, this week was fantastic! Thank you sooooooo much to everyone who gave money to help us get here! This next week we will be traveling around Salt Lake City, Utah speaking in churchs and youth groups trying to mobilize people into the mission feild! Please keep our 2 teams in your prayers as the roads are snowy, and we don't really know what we are doing. God WILL use us, pray that we will be lead by him to make a huge impact on Utah and the world!!!
I love you guys and keep you in my prayers=]
God Bless!!!! <3

No comments: