Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm writing you a symphony of sound

So my first week of DTS was incredibly AMAZING. =] Instead of going in to detail about everything that happened, I'm just going to post some of the points and topics from the lectures in class this week. God is so beyond amazing. I'm still in awe that he brought me here. It's so perfect for me :D. ok heres some of those points of interest :
-It's time to let go of everything you know.
-We won't experiance more of the fullness of God till we realize we hardly know anything about Him.
- God loves me for me.
- It's not the bucket you carry or what gifts you bring, it's wanting to be a blessing that matters.
- He can't direct a ship thats not moving.
- We have to take a risk, erroring trying to please Him is often times better then sitting around and doing nothing.
- It's who you will love while your alive that matters, serving Him with your all that matters, giving your entire life to God and loving him to the fullest extent of your love that matters, not where you will go when you die.
- When we pray for something, we have to be willing to be the anwser to that prayer or we're basically just being a hypocrite.
- Life is all about connecting with God's heart.
- All the change you want to see in ourself is going to come out of loving God.
- You can't serve God or love God half heartedly. You have to give Him 110%. It's what he deserves, any less then that is ripping him off.
Another thing Mikeisha focused on was how much God desires obedience when he speaks to us. Obedience in our relationship with Him is an ABSOLUTE must. She talked ALOT about obedience and how it should spring out of love. Because God doesn't want to be appeased. He wants to have a love relationship with you and he knows whats best for you.
- She also painted this really convicting picture for us. That imagine when we get to heaven, we get a price tag. Jesus already gave us His price tag, by saying he loves us enough to give up EVERYTHING he had, his all, His very life. So when we get to heaven, whats our price tag for God gonna say? It should say priceless. But whats it gonna say he was worth to you??? "2% of my time" spent praying before i fall asleep at night??? "Worth sunday mornings and saturday nights", "Worth 30 minutes of devotion time every other day"????? What would your price tag for the all powerful, everlasting, loving creating of the universe say????????

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristina,

I am so proud of you and I know God is going to do gr8 things in your life. It sounds like U R making new friends and learning a lot about our Heavenly Father. U R in my prayers and keep looking up. M. Iko

Becca said...

This is me... and I super love you.
-Becca